KARACHI UNIVERSITY BOOK FAIR (KUBF) 2021


INTRODUCTION:


 

The Karachi University Book Fair or KUBF is an important event in the university’s calendar, with a long history of bringing together students and faculty. This year It was Organized By Islami Jamiat-e-Talaba, it was a unique experience for me, as I had only attended book fairs as a spectator until now. But, as soon as I started browsing through the stalls, I realized attending KUBF would be an experience I’d never forget. 

HOW IT ALL STARTED 


So it all started with an assignment I got by my English teacher: to go to the book fair and write about it. I ran into a problem when I entered the gymnasium where book fair was being held — I’d taken an exit as an entrance, and security didn’t let me in with a bag check. To avoid the hassle of going around again, I gave my bag to a volunteer (and even then; it took 5 minutes). It was astonishing because even a virus as virulent as the corona virus can’t make people give up on their passion of reading. I’ve been reading books digitally, but going there and holding books physically is one of the best experiences I’ve ever had, Also the fact that a book fair, traditionally the territory of nerds and geeks, can attract passionate readers like me.


Check out this gorgeous images of books and literature books I've found in KUBF! 

MY EXPERIENCE 


I walked into the book fair at 1 p.m by myself, so I just took a quick glance for a few minutes and I saw a very well decorated hall with colorful balloons then headed back and came back later with my friends later at 4 p.m. There was a ceremony going on in which they were awarding people who participated in speeches, different activites and organizing the event, we had a lot of fun looking at the books in the first book stall. On every stall there were books on different subjects. They placed books published by local publishers and books published by international publishers. Stores selling books of Urdu literature, English fiction, poetry, and novels mostly occupied the book fair. But unfortunately for me, I had no money to buy any books. So, I just took photos, videos, and interviewed people. 


A super Exciting Book Fair


AN INTERVIEW 


A Student who has graduated and passed out, but still came back to the book fair for the books. She said it was an outstanding event with so many varieties, and he always bought novels, biography, and biographies. Thousands of books were available on cheap prices, 


People who read books are the most intelligent and beautiful people.


PEOPLE'S PASSION


Hundreds of passionate book readers were there buying books, there was an unique thing happening many people were there with thier book collections and offering to exchange with other books for free. Special discounts like 3 books for 100 rupees were present, Many people were there because of the 50% discount on books you might not see in the market. There was an area like park which was turned into food court with many food stalls, Variety Of foods, People were eating & Gossiping there, Many people said, “It’s an exceptional event and every year it gets bigger than last year”.


Best selection of books in the city!


SOME VIDEOS & CONCLUSION 

This was my first ever assignment of my uni life, I enjoyed it thoroughly, a visit to book fair, that environment, interviewing people, everything was fun, I'm hoping to get more assignments like this as it boosted my confidence showed me I can write and much more





Comments